Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our Pirate Wedding is Coming...

Most of what I write here ends up being a lot of ideas for people planning weddings. The reason this ends up happening is I end up DJ'ing one or two weddings a week, and the events become easy content for my DJ blog. It is a no brainer.

Anyhow, I just wanted to let the readers know that I practice what I preach; Theme Weddings are one of the best ways to really make your wedding memorable.

About a year ago, I wrote a blog about how I would plan a "pirate wedding." The way I write my wedding theme blogs are I either go to a wedding that has an awesome theme and absolutely have to share what I saw, or I do a bunch of research up on an idea and write. In the case of my pirate blog, I had gone to my nephew's birthday party which had a pirate theme, due to his love of The Pirates of The Carribean movie franchise. Then I got to thinking how it would be interesting to take some of the fun birthday party ideas and work them into a wedding that afforded a bigger budget to the theme.

Before posting it, my fiancee read it and told me I shouldn't put it out there for everyone to read.

"Why?" I asked. "Is it not realistic? Do you think nobody will want to do it?"

"Not at all," she replied. "I want it for our wedding."

(This is why I am marrying her!)

Anyhow, we have had an absolute blast planning for our own special day.

Here are some shots of the best man, Marty Carbone (who also has a blog here) and myself, with the costumes that didn't quite make the cut:




And... Here is the gigantic decoration pile in sotrage waiting for the big day, along with a bit of an idea of what a centerpiece might look like:



No comments:

Post a Comment