Friday, September 2, 2011

Lady Gaga's New Track sounds like...


Many people are scratching their heads, asking themselves, "That Lady Gaga new song sounds just like... Umm... Just like.... Hmmm. What does it sound like?"

In case you are like the others and believe that Lady Gaga's new track "You and I" seems to sound like something else you have heard before, you are probably right for two reasons. To me, I think that the music sounds like one song, and the the way the lyrics are sung sound like another. It's almost as if Lady Gaga has created her own mashup remix for all the little monsters for this song.

So which songs have been mashed up for this new hit? After hours of racking my brain and searching youtube.com, I think that music sounds like Shania Twain "Man, I Feel Like a Woman," and the way she is singing the lyrics suspiciously sounds even more like Anna Nalick's "Breath (2am)."

PRODUCTION/MUSIC - First off, the song was, in fact, produced by Robert “Mutt” Lange, the producer and ex-husband of Shania Twain’s Come on Over, as well as cmany other rock/pop blockbusters hits. “You and I,” the radio release, which is actually a remix from the original studio track, is now sort of country/pop and, can arguably be said to resemble Shania’s choppy guitar riff from her mega party anthem, “Man! I Feel Like a Woman." Take a listen here:



LYRICAL ARRANGEMENT - Okay you little loyal little monsters. Here is the big one. Just like that other track, "Born This Way," sounds a hell of a lot like Madonna's "Express Yourself," listen Anna Nalick's 2007 hit "Breath (2am)" and tell me you do not hear any similarity. Listen:



LINE SIMILARITY- Okay, I am still stuck on this one. There's also to line "It's been a long time..." that bugs me. I feel like that exact line is somewhere else, sung identically, but It is not in Nalick's song. If anyone recognizes it, please let me know. I thought at first maybe, "What's Up" by The 4 Non-Blondes, but that wasn't it, though it too, does sound a little like this track. Your thoughts?

LADY GAGA's "You And I" - So here it is... Leave a comment below and tell me what you think. You can also email me at ken@theDJservice.com.

3 comments:

  1. thought it sounded like Shania's Any Man of Mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like What's up by 4non blondes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been driving myself crazy trying to think of which song it sounds like. Thank you!!! Breathe.

    ReplyDelete